Friday, June 17, 2011

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE

We're all going to die!  That is, if we get sent back in time by somebody who is trying to kill us.  I guess that's unlikely...

Storing stuff online is really useful.  Back when I was young (all those years ago) we had a wonderful map program on our computer.  We could plan routes, find cities, and look up amazing landmarks!  And all of this information was up-to-the-minute.  Well, up to a certain minute.  When it was published.  Then if we wanted an update, we would have to buy it...  These days, we have Google Maps.  And I am thankful.

So even before the recent trend of always talking about cloud computing, we were moving things online.  When's the last time you checked an encyclopedia that was saved on your hard drive?  And how smart are those fancy smart phones without access to the internet?

So as I said, we're all going to die.

Because more and more, our information is moving online.  And we probably won't think to bring our servers with us when we go back in time of our own choosing.  And if somebody sends us back in time, it's just that much worse.  So we'll have no knowledge.  We probably won't even be able to take notes.

At least we won't have to worry about battery life.

I found these scary things when I Google Imaged H.G. Wells' Time Machine.  Also, that one in front looks like it's in a wheelchair.  I'm glad they let their handicapped friends join in their terrorizing.  The future.
(I'm definitely printing this post out so I have a paper copy to say "I told you so" when we all get sent back in time by the alien race that is clearly orchestrating all this.)

Hello, friends.  Kyle here.  I just want you to know, if you're keeping up with this blog via Twitter, I'm going to stop tweeting about it on my main account (@KyleMaddens) and have it go to a new account (@KylesBlog). In a few days.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment